Cyber Essentials from First Solution
…helping realise your desired business outcomes.
What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is a government-backed cyber security certification scheme that sets out a good baseline of cyber security suitable for all organisations in all sectors. The scheme addresses five key controls that, when implemented correctly, can prevent around 80% of cyber attacks.
Why do you need Cyber Essentials?
With Cyber Essentials you can focus on your core business objectives, knowing that you’re protected from the vast majority of common cyber attacks. You will also be able to drive business efficiency, save money and improve productivity by streamlining processes. Achieving certification will also help you to address other compliance requirements such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Demonstrate Security: Demonstrate to clients, insurers, investors and other interested parties that you have taken the precautions necessary to reduce cyber risks.
- Increase Opportunities: Be able to bid for UK Government contracts that involve the handling of personal and sensitive information, and increase your chances of securing business within the private sector.
- Reduce Costs: Insurance agencies look favourably on organisations with Cyber Essentials, resulting in lower insurance premiums.
Two levels of certification.
There are two levels of Cyber Essentials certification available to your organisation: Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Cyber Essentials: The Cyber Essentials certification process includes a self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ) and an external vulnerability scan.
- Cyber Essentials Plus: Cyber Essentials Plus certification includes all of the assessments for the Cyber Essentials certification but includes an additional internal scan and an on-site assessment.
The five key controls and how we can help.
- Secure configuration
- Boundary firewalls and Internet gateways
- Access controls and administrative privilege management
- Patch management
- Malware protection
At First Solution, we believe less is more. By consolidating and simplifying your business IT infrastructure and operations, we simultaneously reduce both complexity and risk. We achieve this simplification by auditing your entire IT estate, then architecting a highly secure and scalable cloud based solution powered by Cisco Meraki and the Microsoft Cloud. The agility provided by cloud based solutions allow your business to consume workloads as services, such as Email with the Microsoft Office 365 service. Our goal is to avoid manufacturer lock in and provide cost transparency (utilisation billing per user, per workload, per month). We manage the complete technology stack so that you can focus on delighting your customers.
We provide all of our services with a single monthly bill, whilst taking complete responsibility to manage the complexity of your IT estate. Our Managed Services include a 24/7/365 Network Operations Centre (NOC), a 24/7/365 Security Operations Centre (SOC) and a 24/7/365 Help Desk consistently closing over 70% of tickets on the first call with over 650 highly qualified people and mature operational processes. Our integrated Remote Monitoring and Management solution automatically tracks serial numbers, software, and infrastructure components using intelligent self-healing technology.
Ready to improve your cyber security posture?
Get started with a free and comprehensive cyber security audit. By simplifying your IT infrastructure we reduce complexity and free resources to focus on improving the customer experience.