What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is a government-backed cyber security certification scheme that sets out a good baseline of cyber security suitable for all organisations in all sectors. The scheme addresses five key controls that, when implemented correctly, can prevent around 80% of cyber attacks.
Why do you need Cyber Essentials?
So you can focus on your core business objectives, knowing that you’re protected from the vast majority of common cyber attacks. You will also be able to drive business efficiency, save money and improve productivity by streamlining processes. Achieving certification will also help you to address other compliance requirements such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Demonstrate Security: Demonstrate to clients, insurers, investors and other interested parties that you have taken the precautions necessary to reduce cyber risks
- Increase Opportunities: Be able to bid for UK Government contracts that involve the handling of personal and sensitive information, and increase your chances of securing business within the private sector
- Reduce Costs: Insurance agencies look favourably on organisations with Cyber Essentials, resulting in lower insurance premiums
Two levels of certification.
There are two levels of certification available to your organisation: Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
- Cyber Essentials: The Cyber Essentials certification process includes a self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ) and an external vulnerability scan
- Cyber Essentials Plus: Cyber Essentials Plus certification includes all of the assessments for the Cyber Essentials certification but includes an additional internal scan and an on-site assessment
The five key controls and how we can help.
As your business evolves, so do your systems, infrastructure, and the skills of your people. Our Proactive IT Support Services provide a wide range of IT support, including IT staff training, health and risk assessments, and best practices. Our support services IT focused approach helps you identify and address potential issues and risks up-front to make sure that your IT systems are healthy and stay that way with Proactive IT Support.
Our Proactive Services are available for our clients. Many of our clients environment's are dependent on applications and developers who innovate on the Microsoft platform. We connect you with deep expertise around Microsoft development technologies. Proactive Services are available for on premise, in the cloud or hybrid solutions. Many of our services are optimised to assist your IT team in migration and support in complex transitional environments and solutions.
Why Work With Us
24/7 IT Support
World class Service Desk with 85% of tickets solved on first response.
Strategic IT Partner
IT strategy and roadmap development using industry leading consultancy processes.
ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials plus certified.
Next generation Cyber Security managed services delivered by our 24/7 Security Operations Centre.
Office 365 and Azure
Experts in driving businesses to the Modern Workplace.
Delivering competitive advantage through the use of technology.
Related Blog Posts
Contact us today
Get in touch with us to discuss your business requirements, and what you would like to achieve. One of our experts will be happy to guide you through the process of implementation, the benefits, and considerations.